NMCSS Member Benefits
- networking with fellow social studies educators, grades K-16+
- ongoing professional development through conferences. workshops, and publications
- sharing a vision for the future of social studies curriculum with other educators
- regular receipt of NMCSS’s newsletter which includes organizational news, information about grants and opportunities, and classroom curriculum
- opportunities to influence the communityabd the nation by preparing thoughtful citizens
- updates on the latest developments in state standards, curriculum, and assessment through lieason efforts between the NMCSS Board and the State Department of Education.
- participation in NMCSS’s annual conference and exhibits held each fall
- new materials and strategies to teach social studies in a variety if topics and grade levels
- connections with other like-mined professional groups, such as History Day competition, the National Geographic Alliance, etc.